Sliders

In this section, you can post suggestions for changes or new features you would like to see implemented in the game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elion
Footman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sliders

Postby Elion » Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 pm

In DL1, there are combo boxes for selecting people and other things.
It is one of the worst feature, and sadly it is always the default.
There are only a few cases when the drop down was convenient.
1) selecting the entire population
2) selecting a land amount up to max castle and to what we could afford
There were situations when drop down would have been nice but it is not enabled
1) selecting resources to place in vault (with the single useful option, the full amount of resources out)

(Ironically while on castle page the drop down was useful while in other areas was annoying, there is no way to switch it on castle page)

Even when using the drop down, because other options like 1,2,3,4,5,10... were first, we had to scroll for the full pop if even it was there.
So yea one of the worst UI - but because of content not ease of use.
First thing everybody does is go to the typing mode, because generally we want an exact number of people, like 5x kingdom size, or kingdom size, and that was never an option.

Now the biggest feature of DL is sliders to replace drop downs.
Why ? There is no benefit.
Easy to use yes but completely pointless.
I am trying beta with iPad, gave up in alpha mid r&b because even though I could still type quantities, which is big improvement, most times with my tiny android scrolling the page always got stuck on sliders.

So... It's better now, I can scroll down without getting stuck moving sliders instead of moving down. May be because of the device. But I still see the sliders as a complete pointless feature. And touching the sliders while I scroll down the page still moves them.

After all the drop downs in dl1 can be improved to use values that are actually useful (5x kingdom size for example like I said) - but the sliders will always be "fuzzy"

I would totally replace them with an easy button that says "all"
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Elion
Footman

Re: Sliders

Postby Elion » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:37 pm

After playing a bit longer, I hate the sliders, and setting a population total instead of a change, more and more.
It has caused me to remove instead of add people very often.
Setting a value in the box is also much worse than in dl1 because first key clears old entry without adding new entry - so I try to add 200 on top of something and I end up with 00.

It is embarrassing how many times I removed people instead of adding, including expensive army people, and even worse, how many times I turned in famine because I did not have enough gold to either rehire people or buy enough food.

There is potential to this game but the user interface is really really bad.
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

loonytonks
Footman

Re: Sliders

Postby loonytonks » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:37 pm

I had this exact said problem yesterday it got me realy anoyed with the game and made me loose a war as i had no war of participating in it as i had no gold to put the pop back to were they were

Return to “Suggestions”