Schools of magic

In this section, you can post suggestions for changes or new features you would like to see implemented in the game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elion
Footman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Schools of magic

Postby Elion » Sun May 29, 2016 10:29 pm

I was confused by the research into schools of magic and having to unlock them right from the start - as a new player I am likely to not know that and also make most wrong choices.
More info in the research section would be good when this is released.

My suggestion though - seems basic spells are separated in different schools of magic.

I would create a set of basic spells, that doesn't need unlocking, and available to all, and specialized sets containing both white and black magic, to be unlocked based on preferences.
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Alba
Visitor

Re: Schools of magic

Postby Alba » Sun May 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Yeah I agree, currently there is important basic spells mixed in all categories. And the dark elve looks by far the best race. Obviously elves should have an advantages in magic but a basic spell category would add balance.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Re: Schools of magic

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:17 am

We have given it some thought and it might be a good solution, especially from the new player point of view, to not have to unlock the first school. It might be confusing not having any spells to research in the beginning.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Return to “Suggestions”