Grandfathered Ancient Order realm on DL2?

In this section, you can post suggestions for changes or new features you would like to see implemented in the game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Silverdom
Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Grandfathered Ancient Order realm on DL2?

Postby Silverdom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:59 am

Looks like people are starting to sign up to the forum, so thought I'd drop the contents of a ticket I sent to admin here as an open suggestion. So tough to keep up with these things on DL1 WC!

Been thinking about the DL2 announcement for a couple of days and I have to be honest, like (I suspect) most players who have been around for a while I am disappointed. We have supported the game with hard earned cash and will lose everything we invested in a dying game. As things stand, I won't be buying any more coins.

An idea ... why doesn't MDS create a grandfathered realm on DL2 called "Ancient Order" and let DL1 players move their best champs there with existing (or equivalent) epics, relics and resources?

New start in all other realms and an elite realm with older players for new players to aspire to. Everybody would be happy then I suspect.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Re: Grandfathered Ancient Order realm on DL2?

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:54 am

I understand the disappointment, this was a reaction we fully expected. I know that this is little consolation, however there really was no way to go around this. We have gone through the problem multiple times and always arrived at the same conclusion: any drastic changes to the mechanic could not be implemented in the existing realms, because THEN players would have a well founded reason to complain: they spent their hard earned cash on a completely different game. If they felt that changes are destroying the gameplay they liked (and there is always a group of players unhappy with the changes) they would have a legitimate reason to complain.

Changes had to be implemented on new realms. Once we realized that, it was only one step away from moving to a new game, which would be much easier to advertise and gain new players.

As for your suggestion, this presents a fair number of problems. I am willing to talk about it though.

First off, each realm in DL2 will have a land purchase limit (using gold, above that threshold you will gain land in ranked war or buy it with Valor). This should make sure we don't arrive in a situation plaguing original Dragon Lords, where top alliances "run away" outside declaration range. Alliances at the top of the ranking will be there because they fought, not bought their way up there.

If we were to transfer kingdoms directly from DL1 not only we would be replicating the problem which should not exist in DL2, but also make it impossible for new players to compete, since majority of kingdoms in the original game are sitting well above this new purchase threshold.

We could potentially move the kingdoms and put all of them at the purchase cap size, however we don't know if it would be a solution players would be happy with.

Champions are a little easier, since we could transfer them level-to-level, skill point-to-skill point, and have players allocate those skill points in the new system. Items however would have to be left behind because this part of the gameplay have been changed completely and there is no equivalent for that.

Those are the first problems that come to mind if we considered the transfer.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Silverdom
Visitor

Postby Silverdom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:10 pm

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Even with limitations stated, I think such a move would encounter support from players with strong orbed champs. The question is, why would anyone else follow...
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:22 pm

New players would still get desmotivated. Yes older players could "move to new game" and still hold the top spots giving no to few chance to being catch up.
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Tarsmania
Visitor

Postby Tarsmania » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Yes, new players would start at a disadvantage. However new players would probably not be playing the ranked matches against the veterans. I also believe that the biggest surge of people to DL2 will be players from the original game. More people would switch to new game if you could transfer champ. Restarting kingdom is understandable. Champ points are something that took years to aquire. Personally I would jump to pay DL2 if my Champ points transfered with me. This is in music opinion less of a "new game" and more of a revision of an existing Game

loonytonks
Footman

Postby loonytonks » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:15 pm

I can see why people would want to transfer there champs that they have spent years diveloping but i personaly like the idea of everyone having a freash start so that the new players have a chance against the veterans

But it would also be good to have that seperet realm were we can chose one champ to move across that way new starters can chose if they wont to go against old players or not and this way might keep some of the old players happy

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:31 pm

I support this but i think few misunderstood.
First i support to get one champ moved. I can see epic units to be moved but not relics or any stuff so only champ and epic from one DL1 or xeno realm. And that being moved to a realm that you can't start regulary only with a champ move. Then that champ get removed from DL1 or xeno.
Then admin create one regular realm and one hardcore realm that you have to register on.
So basically DL2 start with three realm where only two are joinable and one champ move join. And that realm is just a regular DL2 realm with champ from DL1 or xeno.

Return to “Suggestions”