What was the last book you've read AND loved?

Thinking about making your own game? Want to ask us a question? Want to find out what games we play and what books we love? This is the place!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What was the last book you've read AND loved?

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:29 pm

I *really* like to read. I mean REALLY like. There are few books which I tend to come back every few years, but when it comes to new books I often have trouble picking new titles, being cautious about reviews, sales numbers and such. I'm more likely to read the book someone has recommended, so if you're anything like me, here is what I recommend:

The last new book I've read and loved was The Martian (actually "read" is only half-right, I listened to the audio-book, voiced by amazing R.C. Bray, the best narrator I have ever heard).

If you haven't read it yet, The Martian tells the story of a lonely engineer/botanist stranded on Mars. What I particularly liked about it was the main character, whom I relate to in a big way. The way he approaches problems mirrors my thinking and his sense of humor... :lol:

What about you?
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Yermajesty
Scout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What was the last book you've read AND loved?

Postby Yermajesty » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:51 pm

That was a great listen! I helped my mother move about three or four months ago and on the drive we listned to it!!! Loved the audio book so much I watched the movie. Which was great too I might add..

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Last book was about russians in a subway after an athomic war. Can't recall name but hated end. No spoilers :)
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Gatz
Black Swordsman

Postby Gatz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:51 am

Vred
Support Guy

Postby Vred » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:49 am

Lolo: That would be Metro 2033? If so, I read it recently as well, and liked it quite a bit.

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:28 am

It was indeed

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:40 am

'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Talking about dissapointing movies for me the worse was Eragon but loved the books

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Disappointing movies deserve another topic haha :)
The biggest disappointment I had was with Ender's Game.

loonytonks
Footman

Postby loonytonks » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:27 am

Mine was the study siries by maria v snyder

I would also say the bagariad by david eddings no mater how many times i read them i never get bored of them :)

Return to “Open Discussion”