Books you like

Thinking about making your own game? Want to ask us a question? Want to find out what games we play and what books we love? This is the place!
Yermajesty
Scout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Books you like

Postby Yermajesty » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Those of us who have read the same books alrrady know many of your favorites by the quotes in DL1, but what are some of your favorites by newer authors? Have you checked out Col Buchanan?

Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Books you like

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:56 pm

No, I am not familiar with this author. From the new books, as you can see in the other post, I'm a big fan of Martian and now I'm listening to the audiobook of Stephen Moss' Fear Saga. I'm half way through book two and like it so far. btw I found the book because I was so impressed by the way The Martian was read, that I started looking for other books performed by this guy. :)
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 pm

I do like books like "fear of the wise man" and "desert spear" both from different authors but very good
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:02 am

Oh, you wouldn't know that from Dragon Lords quotes, but Ender's Game (and to a lesser extent the rest of the saga) are one of my favorite books. Strongly recommend it to anyone, not just science fiction fans.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 am

I like the hobbit quote of good morning from gandalf

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:37 am

It's my kids favorite! :)

loonytonks
Footman

Postby loonytonks » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:01 pm

Has anyone read any of trudi canavans books there realy good

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:57 am

I read a few and if you like him you will like chronic of an assasin by robin hoob

loonytonks
Footman

Postby loonytonks » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:34 am

Ive read one of robin hoobs books it wasnt that bad a read i just didnt have the others to finish reading them :(

And now i cant remember what happend lol

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:00 am

They are a lot of it about the assasin I got 10 but they are 13 I believe

Return to “Open Discussion”