how did you find your first MDS game?

Thinking about making your own game? Want to ask us a question? Want to find out what games we play and what books we love? This is the place!
invi
Scout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

how did you find your first MDS game?

Postby invi » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:57 am

i've always been curious about how everyone found DL or any of the other MDS games they play, so do tell :D

i found it when i was 14 (four-ish years ago o:) by sticking "text-based mmorpg" into the play store's (then the "android market," ha!) search bar. i found a different game, which turned out sucked compared to DL, and found DL in one of the suggested lists at the bottom. i've played on and off since then (and dabbled a little in xeno wars but ended up never reinstalling that one after my first device broke) but never found the time to be able to play full-time until this most recent fall.

so how about y'all?
do the stars disappear when the blind look at the sky?

Lolo
Footman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: how did you find your first MDS game?

Postby Lolo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:39 am

Already was installed in my phone when it got ro ne so I decided to give a try
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:03 am

I invented it! ;)
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Haha nice Admin :D

I have selective memory, this detail didn't make the cut...
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

loonytonks
Footman

Postby loonytonks » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:32 pm

It was around cristmas time for me about 4-5 years ago
I had this app that gave u free apps every day it could be games or movies and dl was one of them i think lol cant remember it was a long time ago

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:52 pm

'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:56 pm

who were those?
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:23 pm

A friend at my work played this he have quit long ago.
But when he had pay it for a few weeks i saw it asked and he told what it was i installed it.
Then two weeks later i had a inguinal surgery and was gone from work for few weeks. And it was summer so i Could only sit down and play that made me addicted to this. That was like 1450ish days ago

Reven
Scout

Postby Reven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:56 pm

A certain person bugged me to play. Then disappeared. Then I forgot the name. Then said person reappeared and bugged me again. So here I am haha.

Yermajesty
Scout

Postby Yermajesty » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Historically I play a game a few months get bored and move on. I found DL during one of those move on phases. I usually look for games of conquest. Games where Its strategy vs strategy. Many of the ones I found for phones really disappointed.. No real loss or gain.. Spend weeks building your base...then do some wars! Then....wow that was underwhelming.... They didnt really lose anything of value... I didnt really gain anything.... And on to the next...I found DL.. It seemed pretty par for the course at first...research and building...yeah oh joy.. And really only one path.. Do them all... Wasnt sure I would last.... Then I joined an alliance... The realtime, real consequences, real adrenaline had me HOOKED!!!!! Then I wondered what difference do the races make? I quickly started kingdoms on all the realms.. The rest as the say is history. I still play other games. But they come and go. Many have come and gone since DL. But DL, league of legends, and counterstrike hold my records for keeping my interest.

Return to “Open Discussion”