Bluecomet

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drac
Scout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bluecomet

Postby Drac » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 pm

The unity engine seems have problems at least for this game.
So admin. As this don't have huge 3d animations or stuff. Can't this game be made with blue comet that you use not your old games.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Re: Bluecomet

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:22 pm

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean...
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:11 pm

The core you use in dl1 isn't it possible to use it in dl2 also instead of unity. Unity is a big 3d core engine that many big 3d graphic rendering is needed. But on a text based with little animation unity is overkill to use. And requires more ram and better processors. And make it incompatibility lower for quite range of devices. You have your dl1 core engine that probably can work on dl2 also.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 am

The short answer is: no, it's not possible.

Unity is not only animations (which are present in DL2, even if not on a scale full 3D games use).

Unity allows us to cut down client-server data transfers, something people participating in Alpha commented on with great joy. It also allows us to deploy the game to a variety of platforms without additional work and cost. We can publish the client for iOS, Android, Amazon, Windows Phone, Windows, Linux, MacOS, Steam and even consoles if we decided to make that move in the future.

Also, while DL2 uses parts of the DL1 core engine, it's a very small percent of the deep core, everything around rendering and communication is completely different, so no, it is absolutely not possible.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 am

Ok. I understand. I agree less server client data is a good. It just felt overkill to have unity. That is an very advanced core and requires more resources from the device. So older phones and some china phone isn't great compatibility and with overkill that core with a text/still image game. Feels to much.
A game that should not require apart nothing requirements are quite high

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:58 am

But i can absolutely understand it for future. If you want to make an more interactive game you gonna be very familiar with this engine.
But animation in dl2 is doable in asp php html5.
Just wondered. And like you sad the client server data reduces and that's great.

Return to “General”