Which element of DL2 you like most?

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Which element of DL2 you like most?

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:02 am

There is a LOT of new things in Dragon Lords 2. From improved UI, all sorts of new mechanic, to brand new, breathtaking (feel free to disagree, but it really is for me!) artwork.

Which one do you feel is the most exciting, "can't-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-it" kind of thing?
Attachments
DL2_011.jpg
DL2_011.jpg (147.68 KiB) Viewed 13894 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Sandman
Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Which element of DL2 you like most?

Postby Sandman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 pm

This looks amazing, I'm so excited. :D

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 pm

New war and champion mechanics mostly
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Too soon to tell - but the schools of magic seem interesting, and also the specialization of the champ.
The best feature will likely be reduced lag
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:00 am

Lag reduction should be big, from what we have seen and measured ourselves and what current testers observed.

And we ARE excited about all the new features. :)
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Yermajesty
Scout

Postby Yermajesty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:55 am

The depth of all the change is what excites me. All the changes you have mentioned so far seem to have been much more than cosmetic (though I agree the cosmetics do look very good too!). The changes seem to allow a lot of customization from races to battle mechanics, it seems that a lot of work has gone into giving all your choices real consequences. You can see an attempt at that on DL1; for instance races.. But the real world effect on DL1 pretty much came down to which of two or three races that make you the strongest do you want? DL2 seems to have much more ... Balance. I just cant wait to watch it develop! And the fact you allow the community that loves the first so much to help mould the second is just amazing! Truly appreciated!

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:55 am

Thank you Yermajesty :-)

That's why Beta testing is going to start so soon before the release. We want to have a lot of feedback and time to change things around, test what works and what doesn't, what needs to be changed or even removed.

Balancing is going to be VERY difficult, because we want races to differ quite a lot this time around, however this time around we will allow players to switch races once every three months and adjust the race bonuses when we see that one is becoming dominant or extremely shunned.

SuppRage
Visitor

Postby SuppRage » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:58 am

I don't know enough to answer this question, I think. Your blogs have touched on units, and battle calculation with promise of more to follow on champ game-play. I'm also interested in how power vs. size will morph things as well as what "fallen" vs. "eliminated" units mean in the overall scheme of things.

I am very interested in having casting specialization to deal with more angles with which to combat however, I am weary of how much resources will limit those abilities and what will be entailed in having "sufficient" to have the competitive advantage. Again, can't wait.

SovietWolf
Scout

Postby SovietWolf » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:23 am

Definitely am looking forward to the building upgrades and to see how said mechanic will change the style of play form kingdom to kingdom.

Sandman
Visitor

Postby Sandman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:09 am

Looking forward to the magic and war aspects of the game. Also really interested in the champion and what new things it has.

Return to “General”