Alpha testing

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha testing

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:53 pm

We are currently setting up the environment for the Dragon Lords 2 Alpha tests. Once we get the server up and running we'll be ready to tell you when exactly the test will start. We are aiming for Sunday, April 10th, however can't promise that yet.

We also decided that Alpha will be open for everyone who wants to participate, so stay tuned! We will be posting more updates within hours/days. :-)
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Lolo
Footman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Alpha testing

Postby Lolo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:50 pm

Awesome! I would love to try it
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:42 pm

We will publish links to download client versions for Windows, Linux, MacOS and Android. Unfortunately Apple still doesn't allow installing unpublished apps on non-test devices, which prevents us from including them in the Beta.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Yermajesty
Scout

Postby Yermajesty » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:48 am

Woohoo let's hear it for android!! This is great news im sure many of us in the community will be happy to help alpha!

Isku
Visitor

Postby Isku » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 am

Love to try it

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am

This is going to be the first test of the new hardware in the new data-center, so we are expecting the unexpected. :-) That's one of the multiple upgrades the game is getting, brand new, super-fast, state of the art server.

In the first stage of the testing we will be looking for obvious, game breaking issues. Problems with launching the game, registration, freezing, crashes and other critical issues. We will be performing first tests of the new Master server (new device management system, chat and PMs, all sorts of back-end features) as well as our Support Request system, which went through almost as big a change as the game.

Since both Master server and SR system are written by ourselves this time, we have implemented all the things we learned we need to resolve tickets quickly. Will have a much more complete player history, tracking multiple things, allowing us to easier figure out issues with account ownership, which are one of the ever-returning topics. In general, we will finally have a tool, which will replace gruesome work of manually going through server logs with neat report. It's a difference between 10 minutes of building query retrieving whatever data you need and having that data presented, ready to view.

I think I'm almost as excited about this new SR panel as I am for the changes in the game itself. :-)

Bren16
Visitor

Postby Bren16 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:20 am

Sounds like really good stuff! Looking forward to the opportunity to help!

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:28 am

Just wonder how it will work in old phones
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:36 am

It's working fine on my iPhone 5 and Galaxy Note 2. I admit, I haven't tested it on anything older.

Bren16
Visitor

Postby Bren16 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:06 pm

I'd think the operating system is the key piece as opposed to the actual phone. Depending on the age, older phones don't receive upgrades. Testing outdated systems would be a huge effort with possibly very little value. I'd think Google would have requirements for what systems need to be supported.

Return to “General”