War start times

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Pyordova
Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: War start times

Postby Pyordova » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:30 am

I agree with Elion. If i declare a war at 8 pm then the defender move it 6 hours later it will be 2 am for me, i'll be asleep that time, and if the next day is work day i'll be working in the morning until 5 pm, so i'll be late to war for about 16 hours, i'll probably have been kicked out of war when i get time to play. Lol.

Pyordova
Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Pyordova » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:17 am

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:30 am

6 hours does seem a lot, but you see the reason behind the whole thing. If moving by 6 hours is an inconvenience for the attacker, think of the problem defender has, when he has absolutely no control over when the war starts.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Isn't that like real life ?
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:05 pm

But again - regardless of arguments
The defender has the option to drop protection at any time he wishes, therefore controlling the time of declare.
The defender has the option of declaring himself, therefore controlling his own declare action.
The attacker has only one option - to declare. No other control.
If you take that away TOO, and put all timing options in the hands of the defender, giving the defender a huge advantage, WHY WOULD ANYONE DECLARE ANY WAR instead of just passively waiting to be declared and choose war time ?

loonytonks
Footman

Postby loonytonks » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:38 pm

I agree with elion 6 hours is to long it would give the defending teem to much of an advantege in the war

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:54 pm

i believe max it would be withina hour max two yet in overall i agree if someone gets declared it is with the intention of getting your opponent by suprise not waving our intentions so our opponent has time to prepare, after suprise element can be a important aspect in war
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Don't do a declare delay.
The attacker choose the time to declare. The defender just have to make it work or being late to war. Don't pay if you cry for being declare on. Just like DL1. Why must everything be so fair. Its not a war strategy game if everything is fair play. Don't realese DL2 if you just make everything to fair. All fun removed.

Reven
Scout

Postby Reven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:47 pm

I could imagine certain situations where even a ±6 hour change wouldn't help some people's situations.

On the other side I can see how being able to change the time could get a bit crazy.

I guess this will just have to be one of those things that we find out how to tweak it via actually seeing it in use during the trials ahead.

One question though, exactly how long would the defending team have to make the decision on how much to change the start time by?

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Guys why are you so hung up on the 6 hour thing ? The entire concept is wrong and unfair - even if the window is 1 hour.

Imagine - you are in a team that has 5 days protection, they are going to expire in 3 hours but you must sleep in at most an hour. What will you do ?
a) do nothing, and get declared while you sleep when protection ends. Then act very surprised and hurt - and complain that you can't participate in war because it was a surprise declare
b) ask leader to drop protection, to increase the change of getting a war when it is best time for you.
c) ask leader to declare someone so that the war will start at the best time for you.

As defender you have options to control start !
As attacker, now you can control start. With the proposed change, the defender will be the only one controlling start.
That is unfair !

There really is no surprise factor - it is a war game, if you don't have protection and you are not locked in a war, you can get declared.
There is even without an additional x window, prep time. 24 hours.
So there are no relevant factors except that the war starts at an inconvenient time. That is unavoidable, even within one team. We are real people, with real lives. (shhhh I'm supposed to be working right now).
It is fair that each side gets a say in choosing the declare time - the defender, by holding protection till they are ready to war, and the attacker by declaring.
Removing either choice makes the whole thing unfair.

And I suppose I type too much so everybody just skips over everything I say... :roll: lol

Return to “General”