Developer diary

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Developer diary

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:03 am

We have been working on Dragon Lords 2 for a long, LONG time now. It was a very rewarding experience in itself, however we also wished we could share the things we were creating. I think it would also be fun for you guys to see how the game takes shape, step by step. And how much grueling work even the simplest feature requires.

Here it goes then! A picture diary, showing snapshots of what we are currently working on. :-)
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Developer diary

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:04 am

Today, among other things, I added display of the war chest.
Attachments
001.jpg
War panel, Loot display
001.jpg (104.95 KiB) Viewed 21874 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Seems quite good so eager
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

SuppRage
Visitor

Postby SuppRage » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:44 am

I really like your selection of theme colors and attention to detail to each section with its related vignetts. Very classy, easy on the eyes (with the exception of white drop-down menus to type quantities from my phone, major eye irritant at night--on my phone's side), timeless. Glad you've kept it and are building on that. Hopefully "sliders" will help with those white flashes on drop-down menus. I'll be looking to see if that's an improvement on the UI side.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:32 am

So far we managed to avoid the drop-down menus entirely. :-)

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 am

Honestely I been enjoying the details I been seeing trough your ss

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Today, beside the work we did on magic, I was working on army management. Each little detail has to be painstakingly designed and coded, both on the client and server side.
Attachments
002.jpg
Army template icons
002.jpg (82.87 KiB) Viewed 21827 times

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm

I want the trumpet army unit !
He looks kind of bossy, telling people what to do, just like me...
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:43 am

I like the two swords... the skill of fencers

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:46 am

Those are template icons, not actual units. They are going to help you recognize army templates you have defined for attack, defense, or maybe "Raid force with Armored Wagons", or "Elemental and Demon invasion". Each template will have also a name you will also set, but it's more intuitive with the icon, when you send your army to attack, you will notice straight away on the confirmation screen that this is not the template you wanted to use, without having to read the name.

Return to “General”