Developer diary

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Developer diary

Postby Admin » Thu May 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Lots of coding today. Fixed some bugs and made a big step towards balancing destruction spells (targeting different unit types).
Attachments
025.jpg
Code, code, code...
025.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 15357 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Admin » Sun May 08, 2016 6:24 pm

I had yesterday off (I do get a Saturday off every few weeks ;-) ) and today was mostly about the DL1 Tournament.
Attachments
026.jpg
026.jpg (41.25 KiB) Viewed 15175 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue May 10, 2016 6:37 pm

As we mentioned before, there will be a land purchase lock on all realms. Above some threshold it will only be possible to gain land through war either directly (taking from your opponents) or indirectly (through purchase using Valor).
Attachments
027.jpg
Buying land with Valor
027.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 14904 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed May 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Today was spent adjusting army template adjustment.
We want make managing your army as quick and easy as possible.
Attachments
028.jpg
Templates
028.jpg (33.29 KiB) Viewed 14763 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 pm

We don't want any raid or invasion to be a surprise (in terms of what army you are going to send to fight), so we have added a preview of the force you are about to dispatch.
Attachments
029.jpg
029.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 14625 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon May 16, 2016 7:14 pm

When the melee units break through opposing side melee, they get an additional attack, which from now on will be accompanied by the "Trample!" effect, to make it more intuitive visually.
Attachments
030.jpg
Trample
030.jpg (35.77 KiB) Viewed 13776 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri May 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Lots of time spent over last two days getting the unit stats right...
This will certainly be an ongoing process during the Beta, but we want to start proper testing with units that won't require a MAJOR revamp.
Attachments
031.jpg
031.jpg (47.88 KiB) Viewed 12661 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Today we moved from the old monitoring system to a professional third party service, which will look over the health of our servers and services.
Attachments
032.jpg
Monitoring
032.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 12653 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed May 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Finally have a good way of deploying test clients for iOS devices!
Attachments
033.jpg
iOS testing
033.jpg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 12650 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri May 27, 2016 8:35 pm

iOS version of Beta client has been approved! :-)
Attachments
034.jpg
iOS Beta
034.jpg (16.86 KiB) Viewed 12640 times

Return to “General”