Developer diary

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Lolo
Footman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Developer diary

Postby Lolo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:40 am

Siege destroying is quite handy
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Today, beside fixing issues with Engines and Constructs, fixing display issues and code around destroying building upgrades, I worked on the mod functions for chat.
Attachments
005.jpg
Mod functions prototype
005.jpg (33.75 KiB) Viewed 15312 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:02 pm

I'm afraid I wasn't working on anything particularly visual today. Lots of fixing code around alliances, memberships, war declaration etc.

One thing you might want to notice though is the amount of control you have over what's going on with your "alliance life". You can withdraw an application to an alliance, you can see all the invitations sent out by your alliance, you can revoke the invitation. And everything is logged in the events.
Attachments
006.jpg
Alliance related events
006.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 15109 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:11 am

Starting the day with the update to magic: unit killing spells.
Attachments
007.jpg
Banish spell
007.jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 15029 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Today I finished a big step towards making the game fully functional (it should have been implemented before the Alpha started, but there was not enough time...): actual land transfers during invasion (ie. one kingdom gains land, the other loses it)

It has been a long time since I looked at that part of the original Dragon Lords code. Luckily it needed only a couple of adjustments to fit into the DL2 back-end.
Attachments
008.jpg
Invasion land gain
008.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 14980 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Today was mainly about fixing bugs and adding new pieces of code to the battle.
Take a look how our project management system looks like. :-)
Attachments
009.jpg
Daily dose of work on DL2 project
009.jpg (48.3 KiB) Viewed 14976 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:05 pm

As the first phase of Alpha testing comes to an end, we are implementing measures to help us through the very first maintenance break.
Attachments
010.jpg
Maintenance mode
010.jpg (28.48 KiB) Viewed 14971 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Today was revolving once more around fixing bugs and making things work properly.
One thing note-worthy here was the fact that for the first time I used the advanced tools of the new support panel. Hunting down and fixing issues will be much easier when all data about kingdom will be readily available with few clicks rather than getting the same data using tedious, manual process of querying each table separately.
Attachments
011.jpg
Kingdom log
011.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 14953 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Fixing potions today.
Attachments
012.jpg
Spirit potions
012.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 14948 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Getting magic (and war and battle today) closer to being finished.
Attachments
013.jpg
Black Magic
013.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 14943 times

Return to “General”