Developer diary

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Developer diary

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Another piece of magic and battle implemented. Heroism and Terror spells are working properly.
Attachments
015.jpg
Heroism
015.jpg (47.9 KiB) Viewed 17032 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Last two days were spent adding various features and fixes in the battle mechanic. Units with no attack will no longer perform attacks in the battle, losses are counted properly etc.
Attachments
016.jpg
Battle summary
016.jpg (48.17 KiB) Viewed 17023 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:20 pm

I just pushed a BIG update to war and tested it with Alpha participants.
Ranked and not-ranked wars are close to ready with their specific rules.
Attachments
017.jpg
Ranked war
017.jpg (63.41 KiB) Viewed 17012 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Another big part of the new war has been pushed out to the Alpha realm.

When facing overwhelming odds you might want to sacrifice number of attacks for security of the win. This should even the odds a little when two similar size alliances have vastly different number of kingdoms and through that average size. Smaller kingdoms have more attacks in total, but up until now they were no match for big kingdoms. Today this changed, with the introduction of boosted attacks.
Attachments
018.jpg
Boost attack
018.jpg (44.48 KiB) Viewed 17007 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:11 pm

A ton of time unexpectedly consumed by looking for a fix to white-text-on-white-background issue introduced by the upgrade to latest version of Unity.
Attachments
019.jpg
Unity deployment
019.jpg (23.79 KiB) Viewed 17000 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Aside from implementing a number of war declaration rules we made sure RoF is working correctly. :)
Attachments
020.jpg
Rain of Fire
020.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 16996 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Busy day! Lots of fixes to war and magic today, speed improvements, cosmetic changes and preparations for the implementation of the matchmaking system. Created a bunch of kingdoms and formed alliances to have the system enough real data to process.

On the screenshot you can see (if you look really closely ;-) ) the wall of numbers which represents math model behind the magic. Making games it not just fun and well, games. In fact, most of the time it's lots and LOTS of numbers.
Attachments
021.jpg
Magic model
021.jpg (23.08 KiB) Viewed 16986 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:45 pm

First draft of the Legendary ranking.
I'll post more about it tomorrow.
Attachments
022.jpg
Legendary ranking
022.jpg (30.75 KiB) Viewed 16261 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Tue May 03, 2016 9:32 pm

We are almost done with the Legendary ranking system. Alliances are already receiving points with each hourly calculation, every victory in a ranked war adds bonus to their score and we have just implemented a debuff, which we have mentioned before. Alliance facing the opponent in Legendary ranking receives certain number of Battle Points in each battle (represented by the black-helm-on-blue-shield icon).
Attachments
023.jpg
Legendary debuff
023.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 14116 times

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Wed May 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Most of today was spent in our task tracking system, working on the model for Magic (power, cost, effectiveness and limits of spells).
Attachments
024.jpg
Tasks
024.jpg (13.16 KiB) Viewed 13338 times

Return to “General”