War

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Admin
Ilúvatar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

War

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:53 pm

I have just published another post on our blog. This one covers the changes in war we have implemented in DL2.

http://www.mds.pl/dragon-lords-2-war/

Let me know if you have any questions!
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Elion
Footman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: War

Postby Elion » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:02 pm

This looks to be a lot of fun.
A few questions
1) seems that defensive costs are not included in war chest. I don't see anything to indicate that good defense is rewarded in any way. This will lead to specific war styles excluding others that are strategically sound...
2) the "debuff" for top alliances - if you award victory points to the opponent, at some point they may indeed lose wars, but not necessarily land. If they become unable to score enough vp to compensate for debuff, then the wars become unwinnable. But...unless this mechanic can also make them lose invades, it is pointless and unfair...
2.1) does the debuff wear off at once upon a loss, or gradually ?
3) will valor also be lost ?
3.1) if only ranked war allows valor gain, does that mean no valor will be lost in free wars ?
4) will free wars also have war chest ?
5) will free wars lock a kingdom from ranked wars ?
5.1) will free wars offer protection ?
5.2) will multi wars be possible - either free or ranked ?
I'll think of others later
It's not a bug, it's a feature ! ;)

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:41 am

Amount of war turns depend on size?
Are we wise when quiet or when speaking?

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:08 am

Attachments
_battle_summary.jpg
Battle summary
_battle_summary.jpg (29.25 KiB) Viewed 7157 times
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 am

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:34 am

Will it be possible to still out a player?

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 am

My understanding is that no
Each player has guaranteed hits...

Lolo
Footman

Postby Lolo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Hmmm that will not valorize activity any more

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:56 pm

We were thinking about leaving two means of leaving the war before the end, one is giving up and opening yourself for invasions, which would trigger your surrender at (possibly) 10% land loss, and a crushing defeat, working the same way as in DL1, kicking you out of the war, whether you like it or not, after losing 30% of the land you have started with.

The number of attacks is not "guaranteed hits". This is your kingdoms ability to wage offensive war. If you are crushed before your kingdom can spread the wings of war, those potential attacks remain unused.

Also, I was about to cover this in the Champion blog post, but might was well say it now, we intend to allow increase maximum power of your attack by consuming more than 1 "Conqueror point" (ie. attack in war). It would work this way:
- attack consuming 1 point = 100% army power
- attack consuming 2 points = 130% army power
- attack consuming 3 points = 145% army power

This way smaller kingdoms can compete with bigs, but at a price of launching less attacks.

Elion
Footman

Postby Elion » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:53 pm

so - dropping out of war doesn't change except, to drop at 10% one has to be online and drop defenses ? While if spammed in his sleep he has to lose 30% ?
This will make all sucky players very sad... :roll:

Return to “General”