Some reflections on dl 2

This section of the forum will hosts any discussions regarding Dragon Lords 2. You can share your experiences, discuss strategies, and find advice here. Please, remember to follow the forum guidelines while posting!
Drac
Scout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some reflections on dl 2

Postby Drac » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Ok first it have potential.
But for anyone to pay it admin need to change much.
1. Don't limit everything.
War attacks limit on how many cast also same ditch that.
R&b to 5k acre you must kidding.
Remove the limit on how much resources you can have for each acre.
The first to reroll unit then add them to army. Skip that first reroll let us add them direct from unemployed.
War should stay like dl1 but make it profitable.
Remove limit on spirit on champ level let us specify amount of spirit to have.
Still remove all kind of limits that remove the fun.
At the moment if this stay as it is it gonna fail just like hod.
But i can for sure see few of dl2 features in dl1.
Like the victory/defeated screen and audio stuff.

invi
Scout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Some reflections on dl 2

Postby invi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:45 pm

i feel like the limits are really good for the fact that this is a strategy game—by which i mean that since everything is limited, everything you have to do has to be far more strategic than a lot of things did in dl1. you have to consider what you're doing instead of just spam hitting and hoping for the best, and that thought process is kind of what a strategy game is all about.

btw, i'm pretty sure admin said that the 5k acre thing was a placeholder for right now.
do the stars disappear when the blind look at the sky?

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Little true. But i think the limit is just to make it fair play to more so people don't complain. Have to much limitation remove everything. Like resources you are max you can't war as you don't get more gold you can't farm you are max you can have no reason to do anything when max on everything. Many gonna get bored before they find any fun. Don't set limitations on everything just my opinion. But admin can make it limit. Then i garantee it gonna fail like hod did. Admin need to make something that several 1000 like and want to have fun in. And this isn't it....

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:07 pm

But when admin dont change these things i can come back and say i told you so.

Corvalon
Visitor

Postby Corvalon » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:02 am

The difficulty faced by HoD (Heroes of Deneos) was largely due to one critical mistake: It required BOTH players be online at the exact same time. Even massively populated studio titles like Clash of Clans don't require that the Defender be online right when the Attacker is hitting them. DL2, like DL1, has no such requirement -- sure, it's helpful to be online when someone is attacking you, but it isn't required. As such, comparisons between DL2 and HoD are not particularly relevant.

On the topic of this thread, I agree with Invi: Fewer moves that are more important from a strategic standpoint is preferable to lots of moves that are less important. Victory should not go to the player who simply taps more than the other guy, but to the player who thinks better and employs superior strategy.

Let's be honest, who actually liked casting a 3x demon stack (or even higher)? Getting 3x demons required literally dozens of taps, and there was nothing strategic about all that tapping. It was just plain tedious. Super competitive players would cast even higher demon stacks: 4x, 5x, even 6x. If you want a 6x demon stack, that's literally HUNDREDS of monotonous taps. That is not what the game should be about, and that is one of DL1's biggest failings, in my opinion. DL2 seeks to change that by removing repetitive or monotonous gameplay elements and placing greater emphasis on strategic choices.

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:58 am

That's true. But i don't Believe in limit everything even the gold you can have.
But the war mechanic can be great when getting used to it.
But its still to much limits on to much stuff.

Admin
Ilúvatar

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Limits on resources and gold are not supposed to impact the normal play. We will come up with values which should allow comfortable playing. They ARE supposed to stop kingdoms from farming insane amounts of resources at high land and then dropping to 1/3 their size to grief smaller players.
'I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union. It should not be interpreted as a reasonable estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form.

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:22 pm

I understand but you can't go around all issue. To make it Boring for set limited on everything. Else no one play and it become another fail. Remove all fun no play. With fun only limit on everything. Then you get complains on other stuff. Just face it you gonna get conplain no matter what you do. So to get most advice player. Don't limit everything. War mechanic can work like it is maybe raise cast and invades to thipple or more. But yes some limit can work.
Then people want easy less clicking so remove the unit tab and add to the army how many from unemployed.

Drac
Scout

Postby Drac » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Like when want to buy relics. If relics gonna bw used. A small never gonna be able to buy relics. They for sure not gonna be sold for 5-6mill. People must be able to save up gold to buy resources or relics scrolls etc. Maybe limit mana food stone if must limit but don't limit gold.

Darkwind
Visitor

Postby Darkwind » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:40 pm

I completely agree with this. If there is a resource limit per acre on the final version I am very likely not going to spend money on dl2.

Return to “General”